We met over three years ago when I went on an exchange to US for a year. We started out as friends and became best friends in no time. We both had been so blind all this time, not knowing that what we had, was more than just what normal friends would have. Now, we are in a long distance relationship. Three months of dating and I cannot ask for a better person to share this new journey with.
Left: Annie (me) Right: Cheyenne
OMG ALL THE FEELS. THIS IS ADORABLE.
An unknown young gentleman, London, c. 1903
Submitted by Caitlin Aitchison
Eyebrow smirk eyebrow smirk omg omg I’m dead.
It looks like her upper part is trying to escape and has already started to run. But I would really like to see how she looks while standing. Probably like a snake woman with her left leg shorter than the right one. Ouch!
I think she’s like a snake, and she’s shedding her skin. You can see how she’s already starting to sneak out of her old form’s butt.
Wow but this has a BAD case of “traced from porn face” (and also hand).
*$9 because the texture abuse raises the price by two dollars.
Wouldn’t you rather spend your money on art that you’d like to look at?
submitted by -orangeaipom
if this picture took less than an hour to draw, $7 is about the bare minimum level of reasonable compensation. if it took the artist any longer than that, they are being underpaid for the amount of time they spent.
why are people constantly fucking bitching and crying about artists getting paid “too much” for their skilled labor, while nobody ever pitches a fit about the fact you can make $8.81 an hour standing in front of a door and saying hello to people
do people even have any concept of how little minimum wage actually is? even a full time minimum wage job is going to get you 1200-1500 dollars a month tops, and most positions that hire at minimum wage are going to be part time to avoid having to actually give you any benefits like health insurance (and freelance artists still have to pay for their own health insurance even when they’re working well over 40 hours a week, which is exorbitantly fucking expensive to buy individually). go look at craigslist for the prices of renting apartments in your area and see how comfortable a life you’ll have working 8 dollars an hour when you factor in the prices of food, transportation, taxes, the out-of-pocket medical bills you’ll have to pay, clothes, etc.. even if you cram yourself into apartment with a billion other people it can be hard
nobody ever argues that walmart greeters don’t deserve to make the bare minimum living wage for the work that they do because for some reason people believe training an ability for your whole fucking life and then spending countless hours creating individualized pieces to the specification of your commissioners is easier and of less value to society than saying hello to people who walk into a walmart
it’s fucking ILLEGAL to pay a walmart greeter 7 dollars for an hour of work, and yet people will sneer at an artist who doesn’t want to work at a $2/hr wage
i don’t care if an artist is hawking terrible weeaboo pictures of his fucking shitty naruto OCs rubbing their massive inflated lactating jugs all over each other, he is entitled to set his price at the minimum wage. you don’t have to buy art that you don’t like, but getting indignant over an artist expecting the most basic grade of compensation for the time spent makes you the worst kind of garbage shit trash
[Image: 18-piece green-coloured background with a common house mouse. Top text reads: “Have nothing to consciously worry about for once”. Bottom text reads: “Worry that there’s something you should be worrying about”]
give yourself panic attacks by doing so.
“there’s no way I can handle this thing, I’m gonna fuck it up, everyone hates me, oh wait, that wasn’t that hard GUESS I SPENT TWO HOURS CRYING FOR NO REASON”
Amazing! Thank you so much :))
A pie chart of Voldemort’s soul, assuming that every time he made a horcrux his soul was split precisely in half.
Numbers are rounded down.
…Harry had more of Voldemort’s soul in him than Voldemort himself had.
Whoa. That’s crazy.
This is super cool! Props to whoever made it!
I read “Diary” as “Dairy” and pictured him filled with cheese curds.
Relevant to my interests.
EDIT: Also, *damn*, Ginny basically got the worst Horcrux. She had way more of Voldemort in her than Harry ever did.
Reblogging for that edit because… I never considered that.
Which probably also explains why the diary was so powerfull and had so much of his personality.
I always believed that the Diary should have affected Ginny much MORE in the long run than it did. This chart just proves it.
I’m sorry I all I saw was “Ginny had more of Voldemort in her than Harry ever did”
Voldemort was in Ginny and Harry at the same time.. if you know what I mean
I am a little Camera Shy which is why the models for the clothing I make are usually … not me. But you asked so here is one shot of me by a friend. Its my favorite interpretation of the “Negative-Goth” (all white) look :)
Owner/ Head Apparel Designer -Delightfully Deviant
Beautiful! Thank you so much! : )
[DOCTOR WHO SPOILERS AHEAD]
Submitted by holycheeseandcrackers
Right, so, anyone who follows me knows that I am Not A Moffat Fan.
I have absolutely no expectations or high-hopes for the new season of Doctor Who, (he’s put me right off Sherlock, I probably won’t even watch the new season of that), and to be honest, I am exhausted with pointing out his poor writing, his use of queers as punch-lines or to ‘sex things up a bit’ and his horrendous portrayal of women. Not to mention the fact that he has utterly destroyed a show that was a part of my childhood, hugely important to me, and influenced my further explorations into fantasy and sci-fi. I have made and reblogged countless posts about how disappointed and angry I am, and at this stage I really just feel like ignoring everything until someone more competent replaces him.
I can remember the exact moment that I realised how bad the writing in Doctor Who had become:
“I don’t get it, one minute she wants to marry you, the next minute she wants to kill you!”
“She’s been brainwashed, it probably makes sense to her. Plus, she’s a woman. Oh, shut up!”
That scene was like two slaps in the face for me. First I am told that the Doctor (my Doctor) now considers my sex to be irrational and over-emotional. Then, after that, I am told that I am not allowed to complain about this. I am not allowed to say anything. I am told “Oh, shut up!” in manner which suggests that if I protest, I clearly just don’t have a sense of humour.
By the Doctor. The Doctor said that. I can’t even imagine 10 or 9 saying anything like that. It was like the Doctor had become Moffat’s mouth-piece.
After that scene, I literally just sat there, practically in shock, going Oh, wow. That one cut deep. Oh wow that was bad.
So when I watched Asylum of The Daleks, I couldn’t even be bothered. I could not. Even. Be. Bothered. I watched as the pointless, nonsensical plot meandered along, not even able to gather the strength to wonder
- Why the hell there are suddenly shitloads of Daleks,
- Why the Doctor has a new nickname (The Predator) that is also apparently age-old that we’ve never heard of,
- How Skaro has magically appeared again,
- Why Moffat thinks we all have the attention span of five-year-olds (a continuing theme)which means he has to break up an important couple off-screen and then BOOM reunite them in the same episode before it even sinks in and we can actually Give A Fuck (Again, a continuing theme – Moffat, I am not going to Give A Fuck about Mels if you cram her down my throat in a montage, and then shoot her, and then have her be River Song all in the space of ten minutes),
- Why Amy’s only concern with the whole children thing is ‘oooh poor Rory’ and not ‘actually I was trapped by a freaky cult and forced to give birth against my will so yeah, no, won’t be doing that again’ – Seriously, when she said “I can’t have children” I IMMEDIATELY assumed she meant that it would be mentally too traumatic for her.
- Why the hell Moffat thinks he can smugly claim that he represents queers in the show when he keeps pulling shit like “I went through a phase” and then has the character say that they only mentioned their girl-on-girl experience because they’re flirting.
- How the fuck Rory thinks that it is healthy, and not at all passive-aggressive to say “I love you more! We both know it!”. Seriously, that is some fucking Mr. Nice Guy TM behaviour right there. I previously liked Rory, though he had his flaws (e.g. his constant inability to trust Amy when it came to the Doctor), but that was a disturbing insight into the way his mind works. He clearly ‘keeps score’ of the things they both do for each other, and that is just wrong. 2,000 years, Rory? You weren’t ASKED to wait. You didn’t HAVE to. But now you’re going to hold that over Amy’s head as Proof I Love You More And You Can Never Top That forever? After everything Amy has been through? Jesus.
- Plus there was the weird implication that if Amy did love Rory less, that means she has less love in her for the Daleks to erase. So if she can’t love Mr. Super Perfect Rory, she can’t love anyone? What about her family, her friends? Get over yourself, Rory.
- So many other things. Too many other things.
And to be honest, I wasn’t even going to bother complaining about it. I am just shit sick of Moffat, and his failure to listen to any criticism whatsoever, and his brushing off of the concerns of the show’s fans.
But then something happened that has made me very angry, and I feel the need to share.
- Men are afraid women will laugh at them or won’t have sex with them, women are afraid men will kill them.
- Rich people are upset that everyone else is calling them “greedy” instead of “job creators”, everyone else is upset that they can’t afford health care.
- White people are afraid of being called racist by people of color, people of color are afraid of being killed by white people (especially white people in positions of authority, like police).
- Straight people are afraid of having their “marriages ruined” by other people getting married, queer people are afraid of being beaten to death.
- Cis people are afraid of having to share a bathroom with someone different than they are, trans people are afraid of being murdered.
I figured this needed to be put out there.
At this point I am starting to feel a bit lost and overwhelmed.
I’m thinking about starting by having a 3” gap in the back instead of just a 2” gap, but I don’t know how much that will help or if it’ll just mean in the long run the corset doesn’t fit as well.
I’ll just list a few suggestions I’ve got, feel free to take my advice or go in a different direction. I’ve built a few corsets in my day but I’m by no means an expert!
- You’ll definitely need to do a second mockup, and it absolutely must be boned. You have to bone a mock up and lace up the back (no need for grommets, just punch holes and lace through them) or the fit will be totally off. An easy way to keep bones in the mock up without bothering with channels is just using a long strip of masking tape as a boning channel. That way you can shift them easily to pin your alterations.
- Take in the bust. Hurt ego aside, it’s far too large, although it looks worse than it is because it’s not boned. You might be able to just remove the gussets and be fine.
- Boning will help with the swayback, but you’ll need to take a small adjustment back there and refit with boning (straight boning in the back, not spiral, don’t forget).
- You’ll probably have to take in the ribcage and waist if you want a back gap at all. I’d say leave the hips are for the second mock up, deal with that later.
- If you plan on using this to waist train, a 3” gap isn’t unreasonable to start off, especially since you look like you’ll take well to waist training (some people just don’t have the squish to rearrange that much). If it’s just casual wear, a 2” gap should be plenty, but only measure that gap when it’s laced up with boning, your gap in an unboned mock up will be totally different.
- Don’t worry about it being your first and having so many alterations. I promise you that this is normal. Premade patterns are extremely hard to fit on a body because everyone is shaped so differently and corsets are especially tricky because not only are they so close to the body, they also manipulate the body shape and different bodies manipulate differently.
- Take it slow, make as many mockups as you need to get the pattern just right. You’ll be happy you did.
- The length looks fine, don’t worry about shortening it yet. The wrinkles are because it’s not boned yet.
- I’ve never personally worked with a spoon busk (too expensive for my broke butt), but you may have to adjust the front boning accordingly. See if you can obtain the width measurements of the busk. If you email or call the seller you’re planning on buying from, they could probably tell you.
Personally, I find that gorilla tape (or good quality duct tape) works much better than masking tape. Gorilla tape is strong enough that you can take it off the mockup to alter it and stick it back on after alterations without risk of the tape peeling and altering the fit of your mock up.
I also agree with everything Waisted Lives said, though! overbust (or even midbust) styles are even more of a challenge to fit, imo, but very worth it. You will be happier doing another mock-up (or just boning this one before you alter things! Sometimes alterations done before boning just do not work once the boning is in, and then you have to alter all over again. I sadly speak from experience here) than thinking it’s close enough and futzing with it before boning and lacing.
im really angry they used ella’s art for this lmao
idk if it’s worse that they consider f/f shipping to be a lower level or if being shipped with a male character is like a PRIZE for female characters who are GOOD ENOUGH
BRB shipping Meenah with All the girls.
“good enough to ship with a boy”
girl/girl relationships are obviously only for folks who aren’t “good enough” for boys
that sure is
a shitty opinion
(also: hi, her main interactions in the comic so far have been with ladies, so)
Page 1 of 6